Over 75 fall ill after consuming ‘Prasad’ during Ganesh Puja in Odisha

Bhubaneswar: Over 75 people in two districts of Odisha have fallen ill after consuming ‘Prasad’ during Ganesh Puja celebrations.

Around 50 villagers of Masad Gaon under Harbhanga block in Boudh district fell ill after they consumed leftover Prasad today, sources said.

“The local youths of Masad Gaon had celebrated Ganesh Puja yesterday. The leftover Prasad was distributed among the villagers today morning. At least 50 people of the village developed health complications after consuming the Prasad,” said a villager.

Many villagers, including women and children, started vomiting soon after they consumed the Prasad. They also developed certain other complications. They were immediately rushed to Purunakatak Community Health Centre (CHC), he added.

At least nine women and 12 children were later shifted to the Boudh District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) as their condition deteriorated, sources said.

Similarly, around 25 people of Sarasatia village under Bahanaga block in Balasore district developed health complications after they consumed Prasad during Ganesh Puja yesterday night.

Several villagers developed health complications like vomiting and headache after consuming the Prasad. They were immediately admitted to Gopalpur Primary Health Centre (PHC). A five-member team of health officials today visited the village and monitored the situation, sources added.

Also Read

Comments are closed.