Bhubaneswar: It’s the 74th Indian Independence Day and probably for the first time, it is being celebrated in all its austerity owing to COVID-19 situation.
Since a majority of people will be lazing around, we bring you a collection of web series and movies for you to binge-watch and celebrate this I-Day digitally.
- Avrodh-The Siege Within : a nine-part military drama web-television series premiered on SonyLiv based on a chapter from Shiv Aroor and Rahul Singh’s book ‘India’s Most Fearless.’ The storyline runs around the Indian Army planning and later executing a surgical strike. Amit Sadh, Madhurima Tuli, Darshan Kumaar, Vikram Gokhale, and Neeraj Kabi play some of the major characters in the web series.
- The Family Man: The story of a middle-class man who is also a world-class spy, trying to balance between familial responsibilities and professional obligations to the National Investigation Agency. The edgy action-drama with actor Manoj Bajpayee playing a pivotal role is an Amazon Original show.
- SPECIAL OPS: a Hotstar Specials Indian espionage thriller series of eight episodes by Neeraj Pandey that casts Kay Kay Menon, Karan Tacker, Vinay Pathak, Divya Dutta, Meher Vij, Gautami Kapoor, Sana Khaan and many others.
- The Forgotten Army: A Kabir Khan directorial based on true war stories of Indian soldiers from the Azad Hind Fauj who fought for the country’s independence from colonial rule during World War II. With Sunny Kaushal, Sharvari and Rajvir Chauhan in the lead roles, the web series is a nerve-chilling experience for the viewers.
- Raazi: another story on espionage, this is movie is an adaptation of Harinder Sikka’s novel ‘Calling Sehmat’, the story of a young Kashmiri girl who married a Pakistani Army officer to spy for India prior to the Indo-Pak War. It’s a story about her fear, tears and bravery.
- Parmanu-The Story of Pokhran: an Abhishek Sharma directorial narrating the story of an IAS officer who led an operation to develop and test nuclear weapons in India under the nose of American intelligence agencies. The movie casts John Abraham, Diana Penty and Boman Irani in major characters.
- Kesari: is based on the story of 21 Sikh soldiers from the Sikh Regiment of the British Indian Army who fought 10,000 Afghan warriors at the Battle of Saragarhi. It’s an Anurag Singh directorial with Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra in lead roles.
- Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl: the movie is about the story of Flight lieutenant Gunjan Saxena, India’ s first female Air Force officer to fly in a combat zone during the Kargil war. The movie, starring Janhvi Kapoor in the lead role is streaming on Netflix.