Private bus owners’ association withdraws stir following discussion with Odisha Govt
Bhubaneswar: Private bus owner’s association in Odisha today decided to withdraw its strike again for an indefinite period after the State government agreed not to run buses from block headquarters to the district headquarters under LAccMI scheme, association secretary Debendra Sahu said.
The outfit had previously warned Odisha government to launch an indefinite strike across the State from December 1, in case the Government does not fulfill the association’s charter of demands.
The buses under LAccMI scheme, initially launched in Gajapati, Kalahandi, and Rayagada districts, will continue to run from panchayats to block headquarters. In a similar manner, the government buses under LAccMI scheme will run also in Nabarangpur and Koraput districts in the days ahead.
A committee has been constituted comprising the association and senior officials of the Government, which is to review and decide on Mo Bus routes in the coming seven days, Sahu informed.
The decision was taken in a General Body meeting of the bus owner’s association held here.
Earlier in the day, a high-level meeting was held between the association and the Government chaired by Transport Minister Tukuni Sahu. The Transport department Secretary and Joint Secretary including representatives of Mo Bus took part in the discussion held on the demands of the outfit.
“Discussion with the private bus owner’s association was fruitful. The outfit is not opposed to LAccMI scheme of the State government. I suggest them to give in writing whatever demands they have. The ambitious scheme will help facilitate the economic development of the people,” the Minister said.
“I appeal to the association to cooperate and discuss to help resolve the issues. Their charter of demands will be placed before the Chief Minister for his consideration. Plans are afoot to run the buses under LAccMI scheme on Tier-III routes after Tier-I and Tier-II. The private bus owner’s association has some problems pertaining to Tier-II alone,” the Transport Minister expressed.