Bhubaneswar: Odisha Government has fixed modalities for Block Development Officers (BDOs) for identifying cyclone FANI victims who will be provided pucca houses under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana.
Deoranjan Kumar Singh, Principal Secretary, Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water Department has written to all district Collectors apprising them about the modalities to be adopted by the BDOs.
“The state has proposed Ministry of Rural Development (MORD) to sanction 3.89 lakh houses under PMAY(G) Special for FANI affected families in the first phase. MORD has positively considered our case and we are likely to receive the sanction order shortly. As per the mandate of the MORD, entry of family detail and geo-tagging of damaged houses through MORD developed mobile app “Awaas+” is a prerequisite,” Singh wrote in the letter.
Following modalities have been fixed for the BDOs to complete the task in a time bound manner.
1. In the FANI affected blocks, the house damage list prepared by revenue authorities will be the reference list. The kutcha HH damaged by FANI and omitted from the enumeration list should be considered for PMAY(G) special house.
2. Team should be constituted for each Gram Panchayat (GP) to collect information from FANI damaged families/applicants. A register containing the required information can be used by the team for data entry.
3. DEO/Block staff should be identified for each GP to enter the collected information in RH Portal. Engagement of 3 DEOs through outsourcing agencies for a period of 1 month was allowed for each Block. In FANI affected Blocks, considering the volume of work, BDO is at liberty to engage more DEOs as per requirement.
4. DEOs can be engaged either through outsourcing agency or on daily wage basis for a temporary period as per convenience of Block. Outsourcing the data entry to an agency can also be explored.
5. Collection of information and entry in RH Portal should be completed by 25/07/2019 positively.
6. Geo-tagging through Awaas+ can be taken up by youth, Block staff or any other person identified by BDO after Awaas+ is made live by MORD.
7. For non-FANI area, the exercise will aim at identifying all the families staying in kutcha houses on universal coverage basis who may or may not be in the SECC List. It may be noted that SHGs may be involved to identify beneficiaries for every village. Necessary logistics and monetary incentive may be provided to the SHG Group.
8. BDO can spend upto Rs 1 Lakh in major FANI affected districts and Rs 50,000 in minor/non-FANI affected districts out of PMAY(G) contingency.