Bhubaneswar: With an aim to follow the pattern practised by Government of India in New Delhi to observe Republic Day, Odisha government has made a significant change in the existing format by breaking the years long tradition this year.
As per the modification in the traditional pattern, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will not unfurl the National Flag at a state-level celebration in Odisha’s Millennium City – Cuttack – on 71st Republic Day scheduled on January 26. Rather, he will grace the occasion as the guest of honour in Bhubaneswar, where Governor Ganeshi Lal will hoist the Tricolour and receive salute during the parade.
However, Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari will attend the celebration in Cuttack city in place of CM.
The government has assigned other ministers and dignitaries to attend the flag hoisting ceremony at different places on January 26.
Here’s the list of ministers and dignitaries who will unfurl the Tricolour at different places in Odisha
1. Forest and Environment, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bikram Keshari Arukha – Sonepur
2. Steel & Mines, Works Minister Prafulla Mallick – Sundargarh
3. Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare, Co-operation Minister Ranendra Pratap Swain – Sambalpur
4. Planning & Convergence, Commerce & Transport Minister Padmanabha Behera – Keonjhar
5. Panchayatiraj & Drinking Water, Law, Housing & Urban Development Minister Pratap Jena – Puri
6. Agriculture & Farmers’ Empowerment, Fisheries & Animal Resources Development, Higher Education Minister Arun Kumar Sahoo – Ganjam
7. Revenue & Disaster Management Minister Sudam Marndi – Balasore
8. Rural Development, Labour & Employees’ State Insurance Minister Sushanta Singh – Angul
9. Health & Family Welfare Minister Naba Kishore Das – Kalahandi
10. Women & Child Development And Mission Shakti Minister Tukuni Sahu – Rayagada
11. ST & SC Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Minister Jagannath Saraka – Jagatsinghpur
12. Energy, Industries, MSME, Home Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra – Jajpur
13. Science & Technology, Public Enterprises, Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disability Minister Ashok Chandra Panda – Dhenkanal
14. School & Mass Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash – Nayagarh
15. Tourism, Odia Language, Literature & Culture Minister Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi – Balangir
16. Skill Development & Technical Education Minister Premananda Nayak – Nabarangpur
17. Water Resource, Information & Public Relations Minister Raghunandan Das – Mayurbhanj
18. Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts Minister Padmini Dian – Gajapati
19. Electronics & IT, Sports & Youth Services Minister Tusharkanti Behera – Malkangiri
Besides, two RDCs (both Southern Division and Northern Division) have been allotted to attend the state level ceremony at Berhampur and Rourkela respectively. The Collectors of 10 districts have been assigned to unfurl the National Flag at Bhadrak, Bargarh, Boudh, Deogarh, Jharsuguda, Kandhamal, Kendrapara, Khordha, Koraput and Nuapada.