Bhubaneswar: An Indian Barrister, a senior leader of the Indian National Congress (INC) who served as the first Deputy Prime Minister of India and lead the country’s struggle for independence from the front row. He who earned ‘Sardar’ as his maiden name for his valour working to make India an independent nation. He whose memory is celebrated as the ‘Iron Man’ of India. The nation today pays tribute to Vallabhbhai Jhaverabhai Patel on his 145th birth anniversary.
As we commemorate the ‘Iron-Man’ on his 145th birth anniversary today, here’s a visual tour of his journey to Odisha:
- Sardar Patel being received by former PM Dr. Harekrushna Mahatab at Bhubaneswar airport in 1947
- Sardar Patel being given guard of honour by Dr H.K Mahatab
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Dr K.N Katju at Bhubaneswar Airport
- Sardar Patel with Dr H.K Mahatab at Agarpada Palace on 13th December 1947.
- Sardar Patel along with Dr H.K Mahatab and Dr. K.N Katju during his visit to Odisha in 1948
- Sardar Patel with Mahatma Gandhi attending an agro and village enterprise exhibition in Puri.
At the age of 75, Vallabhbhai Patel died of heart attack on December 15, 1950 in Bombay, Maharashtra.