Bhubaneswar: Along with the country, Odisha is gearing up to celebrate the 72nd Republic Day on January 26. While the state-level celebration will be held in Bhubaneswar with unfurling of the National Flag, the auspicious day will be observed in all district headquarters.
As per the list of chief guests who will attend the Republic Day ceremony, Governor Professor Ganeshi Lal is scheduled to hoist the Tricolour in the State capital Bhubaneswar and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik grace the occasion as the Guest of Honour.
The ministers and district collectors of the State will also unfurl the National Flag at several places on the Republic Day.
Here’s the list of ministers assigned for attending the Republic Day at various districts:
1. Finance, Excise Minister Niranjan Pujari – Cuttack
2. Forest and Environment, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bikram Keshari Arukha – Puri
3. Steel and Mines, Works Minister Prafulla Kumar Mallik – Angul
4. Co-Operation, Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare Minister Ranendra Pratap Swain – Kalahandi
5. Planning and Convergence, Commerce and Transport Minister Padmanabh Behera – Ganjam
6. Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water, Housing & Urban Development, Law Minister Pratap Jena – Balasore
7. Agriculture And Farmers’ Empowerment, Fisheries & Animal Resources Development, Higher Education Minister Arun Kumar Sahoo – Rayagada
8. Revenue and Disaster Management Minister Sudam Marndi – Kandhamal
9. Labour & Employees’ State Insurance, Rural Development Minister Susanta Singh – Mayurbhanj
10. Health and Family Welfare Minister Naba Kishore Das – Bargarh
11. Women & Child Development & (Mission Shakti) Minister Tukuni Sahu – Sambalpur
12. ST & SC Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Minister Jagannath Saraka – Nayagarh
13. Energy , Industries , Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra – Keonjhar
14. Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Public Enterprises, Science and Technology Minister Ashok Chandra Panda – Jajpur
15. School and Mass Education Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash – Balangir
16. Odia Language, Literature & Culture, Tourism Minister Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi – Sundargarh
17. Skill Development & Technical Education Minister Premananda Nayak – Koraput
18. Information & Public Relations, Water Resources Minister Raghunandan Das – Nabarangpur
19. Textiles, Handlooms & Handicrafts Minister Padmini Dian – Gajapati
20. Electronics & Information Technology, Sports & Youth Services Minister Tusharkanti Behera – Malkangiri
Besides, the the RDCs of Southern, Northern and Central divisions will attend the Republic Day flag-hoisting programme in Berhampur, Rourkela and Khordha respectively. The tricolour will be unfurled in Bhadrak, Boudh, Deogarh, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Kendrapara, Nuapada, Sonepur and Jagatsinghpur districts by the collectors.
In view of COVID-19 pandemic, the Republic Day ceremony will be celebrated without participation of school and college students in parade. As per the Government’s decision, the students will not be allowed to take part at the state-level Republic Day celebration.
The State Home Department has written a letter to the district collectors and SPs in this regard and issued guidelines.
In the letter, the Home Department directed the district administrations to ensure that no student and NCC cadet participate in the Republic Day ceremony.
However, only police contingents will take part in the Republic Day programme.