Bhubaneswar: Several traffic restrictions will be imposed in Odisha capital on January 26, 2022 in view of the state-level Republic Day parade and celebrations at Mahatma Gandhi Marg here.
The Twin City Commissionerate Police will impose the following traffic restrictions during the ceremony.
* No vehicles or pedestrian will be permitted to enter Mahatma Gandhi Marg unless they are specifically invited to remain present during the ceremony.
* Vehicles coming form Housing Board crossing towards Rabindra Mandap shall be diverted from Keshari Talkies through left side lane.
* Vehicles coming from AG square towards PMG square shall be diverted from Jaydev Bhawan crossing via IDCOL Auditorium road.
* Vehicles coming from 120 TA Battalion crossing towards Rabindra Mandap will be diverted from MLA colony crossing towards Unit-4 road.
* Vehicles coming on Janpath will not be allowed to enter Mahatma Gandhi Marg from Master Canteen side.
* All the lanes touching Mahatma Gandhi Marg shall be sealed.
* The invitees may approach the Mahatma Gandhi Marg either from Master Canteen or through Jaydev Bhawan (Sachivalaya Marg) up to designated dropping point on the back side of the dais.
* The dedicated parking space for the VVIPs and invitees will be adjacent to the dais enclosed by steel railings. The lanes touching Mahatma Gandhi Marg may also be utilized for parking.
In view of the COVID-19 situation, only 10 contingents will take part in the state-level Republic Day parade, which would be commanded by IPS officer Rohit Sharma. School students will not participate in the parade.
Those participating in the parade will undergo RT-PCR test. Only those testing negative for COVID-19 will be the part of the parade.
As many as 25 platoons of police force and 70 officers will be deployed to maintain the law and order situation.
Two units of Special Tactical Unit will also be deployed to tackle any emergency situation.