Restrictions imposed in Odisha hospitals amid COVID resurgence
Bhubaneswar: In view of COVID resurgence in Odisha, the State Government has imposed restrictions on patients and attendants in hospitals to decongest unnecessary crowd.
In this regard, fresh guidelines have been issued for enforcement in healthcare facilities both government and private.
As per the guidelines issued by the Directorate of Health Services under Health and Family Welfare Department, Odisha, there will be no central registration and the non-essential admission of patients at hospitals will be avoided.
Here’s the COVID protocol to be maintained in healthcare facilities:
1. Strict enforcement of COVID appropriate behaviour in hospital with infection control measures.
2. Central registration is to be suspended for the time being and manual registration to be taken up with due social distancing measures in each OPD to avoid large gathering at Central Registration Counter.
3. Non-essential admission is to be avoided.
4. All elective surgeries are to be stopped and emergency surgeries need to be taken up with universal precautions.
5. In indoor, one attendant is to be allowed for serious patient and no attendant to be allowed inside the ward for ambulatory patient.
6. In OPD, the medical officer should avoid advising frequent re-visit of the patients if not required.
7. Media may not be allowed inside OPD and IPD.
8. Number of DDC counters should be increased and social distancing enforced.
9. Dedicated fever clinic, isolation ward and testing facilities are to be established as per previous guideline.
10. Must have facilities to deal with all types of emergency procedure including maternity and childcare with COVID prevention protocol.
11. People are to be encouraged to utilize existing telemedicine services for their ailments.
12. CDMOs, PHOs, the Director, Capital Hospital, Rourkela Government Hospital, the Superintendents of all Medical College & Hospitals are to enforce above protocol in all health facilities both government and private.
13. To ensure that no emergency case is denied timely medical care in the name of COVID.
14. Ensure adequate signage/IEC material in strategic locations of the hospital to sensitize the patient and general public about COVID appropriate behaviour.
15. Any other steps are to be adopted by Hospital Administration depending on local situation to ensure social distancing and infection control in hospitals.