Bhubaneswar: In view of the rise in COVID-19 cases in some states of the country, the Odisha Government has issued guidelines for all Collectors, Municipal Commissioners, Chief District Medical Officers and Public Health Officers.
In a letter to the officials, the Directorate of Public Health has issued the following guidelines for COVID-19 management.
* Evidence based decision making: At the district level, there should be constant review of emerging data, based on a sustained and critical level of testing to facilitate decisions for restriction/ relaxation which should be evidence based.
* There should be constant review regarding emergence of new cases/ clusters, case positivity, population affected, geographical spread of cases and hospital infrastructure preparedness.
* ILI/ SARI surveillance should be continued as before and an early warning system of detecting rise of cases should be monitored.
* A close vigil on people coming from high burden countries/ states to be continued.
* Periodic surveillance of high-risk and vulnerable population like Health Care providers, educational institutions, residential hostels etc.
* There should be in-house strengthening of testing, surveillance and treatment mechanism to face any upsurge of cases and to integrate it to comprehensive health care system.
* Testing – Tracking – Treatment- Vaccination and Covid Appropriate Behaviour are the main strategy for management and has to be strengthened. Testing strategy is to be followed as per latest ICMR guideline.
* WGS of positive cases are to be carried out as per guideline issued from time to time.
* All steps should be taken to ensure that Home Isolation Protocol is followed scrupulously and due treatment provision is in place.
* All Non Covid health care services are to be fully operationalised.
* Ensure vaccination coverage to all beneficiaries as per guideline issued from time to time.
* Community engagement and covid appropriate behaviour: Adequate IEC, community sensitization and information sharing system should be in place to prevent misinformation and panic.
* A contingency action plan for the district should be ready to deal with any upsurge of cases.