School catches fire due to short circuit in Odisha’s Koraput; no fatalities reported

Koraput: A fire broke out in an upper primary (UP) school located at Dasini village under Bandhugaon block of Koraput district, today. Fortunately, no fatalities were reported in the incident.

“Water was seeping through the school roof due to incessant rain that battered the district for the past couple of days. This led to a short circuit of electricity, and in turn, caused the inferno. However, a major mishap could be averted as the school was closed for Ganesh Puja holiday and schoolchildren had not come to the educational institution,” the headmaster expressed.

“Several important documents, a ceiling fan and a few other assets of the school have been gutted. Immediately, the fire services office was informed about the incident,” the headmaster added.

Later, a team of local fire services personnel reached the spot and doused the flames.

Worth mentioning, due to the prevalent monsoon trough and low pressure area, heavy to very heavy rainfall (7 to 20cm) is very likely to occur at one or two places over 12 districts of Odisha during the 24 hours. India Meteorological Department (IMD) regional centre in Bhubaneswar issued Orange Warning for next two days and Yellow Warning for a day thereafter.

Also Read

Comments are closed.