Schools in Odisha to reopen in November

Bhubaneswar: The schools that are closed in Odisha due to COVID-19 pandemic will reopen in November this year, informed State School & Mass Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash today.

“In this regard, I have discussed with five stakeholders at a departmental meeting yesterday. The draft of a standard operating procedure (SOP) for reopening of schools has been prepared. We will take decision on opening of schools after holding discussions with the district collectors and district education officers (DEOs),” Dash told media.

During lockdown and shutdown imposed due to rapid spread of COVID-19 in the State, as many as 30 percent syllabus has been reduced in the schools.

However, the minister assured that syllabus will not be reduced more than 30%.

“Total 30% syllabus has been reduced and the reduction percentage will not be more than it. A new calendar will be prepared for the remaining 70 percent syllabus,” Dash said.

As per decision at the meeting, all the classes will be held from Class 9 to 12.

“If the guardians or parents were reluctant to send their children to schools after reopening, we would make arrangement for online classes,” the minister added.

As per unlock-6 guidelines by Odisha Government, all the academic institutions will remain closed till November 30 in the State. However, Class 9-12 in schools under control and supervision of School & Mass Education Department will open from November16 as per guidelines/SOP to be issued by the concerned department.

 

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link