See first pics of Vicky Kaushal-Katrina Kaif wedding
Bhubaneswar: In one of the most celebrated marriage ceremonies of the year, Vicky Kaushal and Katrina Kaif have been pronounced man and wife.
The couple tied the knot at a private ceremony in the Six Senses Fort Barwara Hotel, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, in presence of friends and family. The couple took the pheras in the traditional way, thus bringing to an end the celebrations that took off on December 7.
The initial photographs of the marriage ceremony have been doing rounds in the internet.
Image credit: katrinakaif (Instagram)
Following are the highlights of the celebrated marriage:
- Katrina wore a bridal lehenga crafted by ace designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Vicky worn a beige sherwani after his ‘sehrabandi’.
- Vicky headed to the mandap in a vintage car with his baraatis, including brother Sunny Kaushal, friend Angad Bedi and members of his family.
- The guests were served Rajasthani and Punjabi delicacies even as the venue lit up the Sawai Madhopur skyline and fireworks added to the dreams.
- During the ‘mehendi’ celebrations 20 kilos of GI-tagged henna sourced from Sojat by the river Sukri in Rajasthan were used.
- The ‘haldi’ ceremony followed, with the guests faithfully following the yellow dress code.
- The ‘sangeet’ night was held on December 8 with Gurdas Maan, Hardy Sandhu, Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan Noorani and Manj Musik belting out their music to entertain the selected guests.
- The couple announced they would host a reception in Mumbai for those who were not invited to the private marriage ceremony at Sawai Madhopur.