Balasore: Shutdown in Jaleswar Municipality area of Odisha’s Balasore district has been extended for another seven days for COVID-19 containment, an official order of the District Collector said.
The shutdown, which was initially imposed from 5 am of July 20 to 5 am of July 27, has been extended till 5 am of August 3 with the following exemptions:
* Milk booths/shops and medical stores/shops shall be allowed to open 24×7.
* Vegetables vending and grocery shops shall be allowed to open from 6 AM to 12 noon only.
* Banks shall be allowed to open from 8 AM to 12 noon with 50% of staffers, and customer services shall be provided from 8 AM to 11 AM.
* Ambulance, Fire service, drinking water and power supply shall be permitted with limited personnel.
* Sanitization and COVID related works shall be permitted.
* Electronic/Print Media (as would be decided by SP, Balasore).
In a related development, Karua panchayat under Basta block of the district has been declared as a containment zone after five persons of the area tested positive for COVID-19.
Order regarding declaration of Containment zone in Karua GP under Basta Block. pic.twitter.com/TMFqkUGT0y
— DM Balasore (@DBalasore) July 27, 2020