Rourkela: In view of the rise in COVID-19 cases in Odisha’s Birmitrapur, it has been decided by the local administration to impose shutdown in the municipality area for three days.
The shutdown will be in force from 6.00 AM of July 17 to July 19 night in all eleven wards under Birmitrapur Municipality area for active surveillance, contact tracing and COVID-19 containment.
There will be restriction on intra-district movement of public and private transport with closure of shops and business establishments, government and private institutions during the period.
During the shutdown, only the following activities shall be allowed.
* All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, including medicine stores. Movement of ambulances and all medical personnel.
* Opening of grocery shops and milk booths from 6.00 AM to 12.00 noon only.
* Telecom services.
* Petrol pumps.
* Print and electronic media identified by District Police.
* Water supply, sanitation and sewerage workers.
* Electricity supply and distribution.
* Movement of goods and goods carriers.
* Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
* Agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, animal husbandry, veterinary services and allied activities, including procurement at mandis.
* Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles.
* Movement of public transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway stations and bus terminals/stands/stops, for facilitating the movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
* Marriages and funerals, with permission of appropriate authority as per norms.
* ATMs and critical financial institutions.
* Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy etc.
* Dhabas along with National and State Highways/major roads for takeaway only.
* LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities.