Skink lizard in food: One killed, two critical in Odisha

Jajpur: In a bizarre incident, a man died here, after consuming poisonous food that had a skink lizard in it.

The deceased is one Krushna Chandra Parida (56), a resident of Kantigadia village of Dharmasala area.

According to sources, a skink lizard fell into the food cooked for dinner in Parida’s household on Wednesday night. The family consumed the food unknowingly that rendered Parida dead.

Furthermore, his wife Sabitri (52) and son Rajendra (24) fell critically ill and were rushed to the Community Health Centre in Badachana. They were later referred to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.

This lizard is a common Indian skink that goes by the scientific name of Sphenomorphus indicus and is commonly found in South East Asia. In the local dialect, it is known as Champei Neula.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link