Puri: The Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for darshan of deities at the shrine. From January 21, devotees visiting the temple will no more have to produce their COVID-19 test report for entry.
Below are the Standard Operating Procedures.
* The general darshan for all the devotees will commence from 7.00 A.M through a queue starting from the Market Chhak.
* There will be a separate queue for senior citizens and differently-abled devotees.
* There will be no requirement of producing a COVID-19 negative report for the darshan.
* It is mandatory for all pilgrims to wear masks at all times inside and outside the temple premises.
* Chewing of tobacco/paan and spitting inside the temple premises is strictly prohibited.
* Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering the temple.
* Devotees should maintain physical distance at all times as per COVID-19 guidelines.
* Devotees are requested not to touch the statues or idols inside the temple.
* It is prohibited to take flowers/bhoga/deepa inside the temple. There will be large containers placed at the entrance, where such items can be dropped, if being carried by the devotees.
* There will be no lighting of ‘deepa’ inside the temple by the devotees.
* There will be no partaking (eating) of Mahaprasad inside the Ananda Bazar and temple premises.
* Parking of all vehicles will be done only at Jagannath Ballav Math premises or at any other specifically designated place.
* All devotees will enter through the Singhadwar and exit through the Uttaradwara.
* The temple will remain closed for public darshan on all Sundays in order to sanitize the premises.