Puri: The Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) has issued standard operating procedure (SOP) for darshan of deities at Srimandir here which reopened today after being closed for around 9 months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
From 23.12.2020 to 25.12.2020, only the family members of the servitors will be allowed for darshan. Similarly, residents of Puri will be allowed for darshan from 26.12.2020 to 31.12.2020 (5 PM). The temple will remain closed on 01.01.2021 and 02.01.2021 to avoid any possibility of spike in transmission of COVID-19 as huge congregation is expected on the occasion of new year.
From 03.01.2021, all devotees will be allowed inside the temple for darshan of the deities.
General guidelines on account of COVID-19 for all devotees:
1. It is mandatory for all devotees to wear masks at all times, inside and outside the temple.
2. Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering the temple.
3. Devotees should maintain physical distance at all times as per COVID guidelines.
4. Devotees are requested not to touch statues or idols inside the temple.
5. It is prohibited to take flowers/bhoga/deepa inside the temple. There will be big containers placed at the entrance, where such items can be dropped if being carried by the devotees.
6. There will be no lighting of deepa inside the temple by the devotees.
7. There will be no partaking of mahaprasad inside Ananda Bazar and Temple premises.
8. Chewing of tobacco/paan and spitting inside temple premises is strictly prohibited.
9. Parking of vehicles will be done only at Jagannath Ballav Math premises or any other designated place.
Guidelines for all devotees who will be visiting the temple from 03.01.2021:
* Queue system will open from 08.00 AM at Market Chhak.
* All devotees will be required to bring COVID-19 negative certificate (RT PCR/Antigen) of testing done within 96 hours prior to their visit to the temple.
* All devotees will be required to bring their photo ID card like Aadhaar/Voter ID etc.
* Devotees will make entry through the barricade from Market Chhaka till Jagannath Temple office; leave their belongings at the designated place outside the temple; produce their ID proof for verification and follow the COVID-19 guidelines of hand sanitization and thermal screening before entering the temple.
* All devotees will enter through Singhadwara and exit through Uttaradwara.