Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today issued standard operating procedure (SOP) for home isolation of asymptotic and mild-symptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the city.
However, COVID positive cases suffering from immune-compromised status like HIV, transplant recipients, cancer therapy etc. will not be allowed for home isolation even if they are asymptomatic or mild-symptomatic, the BMC said.
Elderly persons more than 60 years of age with co-morbid conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung/liver/kidney disease, cerebrovascular disease etc. shall only be allowed for home-isolation after proper evaluation by a treating doctor, it said.
As per notice of the BMC, the following type of patients will only be allowed for home isolation:
* The patient must have adequate facility at his residence for self-isolation and also for quarantining all other family members.
* The patient must be clinically assigned as asymptomatic/mild/very mild case for COVID-19 by the treating doctor.
* A care giver is available for the patient to give care 24×7 basis. A communication link between the care giver and the designated COVID-19 hospital is also a prerequisite for allowing home-isolation. The care giver and the family members should take chemoprophylaxis (Hydroxychloroquine) as per protocol after a prescription from a medical practitioner.
* The patient must allow monitoring of his health and also regularly inform his health status to BMC for further follow up of the case.
* The patient needs to give an undertaking in a prescribed format for self-isolation and also follow isolation guidelines strictly.