Bhubaneswar: To facilitate candidates of Civil Service Preliminary Examination, scheduled to be held on October 4, the Ministry of Railways has decided to run special trains in East Coast Railway (ECoR) jurisdiction on October 3 .
The trains will run towards different cities in Odisha and neighboring Andhra Pradesh, where the examination is scheduled to be conducted.
The special trains will leave at 4 PM from Berhamapur, Keonjhar, Khariar Road and Ichhapuram and from Koraput at 5 AM and another at 1 PM. The trains will arrive in the cities in the evening on the same day.
Here’re the special trains :
1. Brahmapur-Cuttack MEMU Examination Special.
2. Kendujhargarh-Cuttack MEMU Examination Special.
3. Ichhapuram-Visakhapatnam MEMU Examination Special.
4. Khariar Road-Sambalpur Examination Special.
5. Koraput-Cuttack Passenger Examination Special.
6. Koraput-Visakhapatnam Passenger Examination Special.
7. Rourkela-Cuttack via Jharsuguda Examination Special
8. Baripada-Cuttack Examination Special
9. Vijayawada-Visakhapatnam Examination Special
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court yesterday sought response from the Centre and the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on a plea seeking postponement of the exam by two to three months in view of the COVID-19 pandemic. .
A two-Judge Bench of the apex court- Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice Sanjiv Khanna- issued notices to the UPSC and the Centre and posted the matter for hearing on September 28.