Bhubaneswar: Holi, the festival of colors is knocking at our doorsteps. Holi is so popular that people from different religions and countries also play it.
While enjoying this festival of colours, it is always advisable to follow some tips for hair and skin care.
- Apply a good waterproof sunscreen before going out in the sun and apply a good moisturizer all over your body, especially behind your ears and earlobes. Make sure that the moisturizer has an SPF as you do not want to catch a tan from the sun.
- Wear dark colour-full sleeves cotton clothes and trousers. The more you cover the body, higher are chances of saving your skin from color harm.
- Skin is an important part of our body and we need to take care of it the most. Apply Mustard oil/Coconut oil/Vaseline /Olive oil all over your entire body on the night before and the morning of the Holi, as it does wonders in removing the colors easily post Holi.
- You will definitely don’t like if your nails look like a disaster with plenty of colors and patches all around. With very basic nail paint removal you can redeem from all the patches of your nails. A transparent nail polish can take care of your nails.
- For eyes don’t wear lenses.But if you cannot do without glasses, just be careful while applying the color. For lips apply a lip balm generously. Also, you can use grease and apply all over your lips before playing Holi and after too.
- Don’t get waxing, threading, facial or skin treatment done at least 3-4 days before Holi.
- Stay hydrated as skin tends to get dehydrated with the use of chemicals. If you drink plenty of water, it will help you to balance your skin glow.
- Use cucumber juice, aloe vera gel and rose water bottle, just in case you get skin irritation from the colors. They would act as soothing agents.
Hair Care Tips
- Tie your hair and reduce the damage caused by the colors.
- Nothing works best than the good old coconut oil to protect your hair from color damage. Coconut oil protects hair from the effects of sun exposure and dryness caused by colors.
- Dry hair are prone to damage due to color. Deep conditioning is required in the hair a night before Holi .
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Lemon juice can be added to prevent dryness and it also takes care of any infection. Don’t try to remove all the color in a single day. Nourish your hair with a gentle massage to improve the blood circulation.
Wishing you all a very colorful, safe and healthy Holi.