TPSODL official lands in Vigilance net for disproportionate assets in Odisha’s Ganjam
According to the Odisha Vigilance official release, Pramod was found to be in possession of disproportionate assets to the tune of 111% of known sources of income.
Ganjam: Odisha Vigilance has arrested a senior official of Tata Power South Odisha Distribution Limited (TPSODL) for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income in the State’s Ganjam district here today. The accused official was identified as Pramod Kumar Choudhury, senior general manager of TPSODL corporate office in Courtpeta, Berhampur. According to the Odisha Vigilance official release, Pramod was found to be in possession of disproportionate assets to the tune of 111% of known sources of income. He has been arrested and forwarded to the Court of Special Judge (Vigilance), Berhampur.
As per reports, the accused was arrested after he could not give a satisfactory answer for possession of disproportionate assets. During searches, the following assets, both movable and immovable, were unearthed in his name:
- Triple-storey building at Siddharth Nagar, Berhampur
- Double-storey building at Sashibhusan Nagar, Berhampur
- Double-storey building at Haripur village in Gopalpur, Ganjam
- Farmhouse in Gaunju, Berhampur with stock of materials for distilled water and electrical equipment worth over Rs 1.05 crore
- 9 plots in and around Berhampur and Chhatrapur
- Rs 67,000 cash
- Bank and Insurance deposits worth over Rs 36 lakh
- 1 four wheeler (Renault KWID RXT)
- 1 three-wheeler worth Rs 3 lakh
- 3 two-wheelers worth Rs 3 lakh
- Gold jewellery and household articles worth over Rs 13 lakh
Further investigation is underway and a case has been registered against both the accused and his son, official sources said.
Comments are closed.