Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police has imposed traffic restrictions in the capital city here for the state-level Republic Day celebration on January 26.
It has also put restrictions on vehicular movements on certain roads of the capital city here on January 22, 23 and 24 for rehearsal parade ahead of the Republic Day celebration.
Here are details of the notification issued by the Commissionerate Police for traffic restrictions:
- No heavy vehicle shall be allowed to ply on the Janpath from Ram Mandir to Rajmahal and vice versa on January 26 from 6.30 am onwards till the parade is over. Light vehicles shall be allowed to ply on Janpath but from Master Canteen Square no vehicle shall be allowed to ply on Mahatma Gandhi Marg from 6.30 am onwards till the parade is over.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to come towards Rabindra Mandap from the Housing Board crossing from 6.30 am onwards on January 26 and shall be diverted at Keshari Talkies crossing towards the left side lane to proceed for official work and residents.
- No vehicle shall be allowed to move towards PMG Square from AG Square side from 6.30 am onwards on January 26 and shall be diverted from Jaydev Bhawan crossing towards IDCOL auditorium side lane to proceed for official work and residents.
- Vehicles coming from 120 Infantry Battalion crossing shall be diverted towards Unit-4 at MLA Colony crossing from 6.30 am onwards on January 26.
- All lanes touching Mahatma Gandhi Marg shall be sealed and only pedestrians shall be allowed to go to Mahatma Gandhi Marg.
The aforesaid restrictions on traffic movement shall also be imposed during rehearsal parade on January 22 and 23 from 2 pm to 5.30 pm and on January 24 from 7 am to 10.30 am, said the notice.
The VVIPs shall come on the Janpath up to Master Canteen from where they shall move to the designated parking spaces:
- BDA Bus Stand near Railway Station
- Open space in front of Congress Bhawan
- Open space in front of Idcol Auditorium
- Open space in front of Jaydev Bhawan
- Open space in front of SBI in Unit-III
- Open space inside Rabindra Mandap
- Unit-II Girls’ High School Ground.