Tragic! Mother-daughter duo electrocuted while bathing in Odisha

Nuapada: New Year festivities turned sour at Makhapadar village under Sinapali police limits in Odisha’s Nuapada district as a woman and her daughter were electrocuted while taking bath, today.

The deceased have been identified as Tarunlata Chandi (35) and Dusila (9). The two were taking bath near a water tank when an 11 KV wire snapped and fell into the water.

The mother-daughter duo died on the spot. On being informed, police reached the village, recovered the bodies and started investigation. A pall of gloom descended on the locality after the mishap.

On the other hand, locals have demanded compensation for the family of the deceased.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link