Tragic! Municipality official, wife electrocuted in Odisha

Koraput: In a tragic incident, a municipality official and his wife died of electrocution at Sunabeda area in Odisha’s koraput district this morning.

The deceased official was identified as Sudhakar Biswal. He was working as the tax collector of Sunabeda Municipality.

The incident occurred while Biswal was putting wet clothes on a wire at his house in the morning.

According to reports, Biswal suffered an electric shock when he hung wet clothes on a wire charged with an unknown source of voltage. After hearing his scream, his wife rushed to the place to rescue him, but her body got in contact with the wire.

Later, their granddaughter saw the couple attached to the wire. Applying her presence of mind, she called up her father (son in-law of the victims), who is an employee of HAL, about the incident.

On receiving information, the couple’s son in-law rushed to home and took them to a hospital, where the doctors declared them dead.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link