Bhubaneswar: With heavy rain causing waterlogging of railway tracks at separate places in Odisha, train services have been badly affected in the state.
While three Express trains have already been stranded at separate places due to heavy flow of water on tracks between Deogaon Road-Bargarh, Loisinga-Bolangir and in Barpalli-Dunguripalli stations in Sambalpur-Titlagarh section, the railway authorities have cancelled an Express train scheduled today and tomorrow.
Reportedly, the Rourkela-Jagadalpur Express, which was scheduled to depart the Rourkela Railway Station at 6.10 PM today, has been cancelled. The train will also remain cancelled from Jagadalpur tomorrow due to heavy rain causing overflow of water on railway track between Sambalpur and Titlagarh, said a railway official.
Since morning, the Sambalpur-Rayagada Express has been stranded at Barapali in Bargarh district while Ajmer-Puri Express train has been halted at Loisinga in Bolangir district. Besides, the Ispat Express has been halted at Dunguriapalli in Sonepur district. The train services will resume once the once the rain water recedes, the official added.
Besides, the following trains have been short terminated.
- Sambalpur-Rayagada-Sambalpur Inter City Express will remain cancelled between Barpali and Rayagada from both the directions.
- Bhubaneswar-Balangir-Bhubaneswar Inter City Express will remain cancelled between Sambalpur and Balangir from both the directions.
- Bilaspur-Titilagarh-Bilaspur Passenger via Sambalpur will remain cancelled between Sambalpur and Titilagarh from both the directions.
- Howrah-Jagadalpur Samaleswari Express from Howrah on August 12 will run up to Sambalpur and will return to Howrah as Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express from Sambalpur.
- Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express from Jagadalpur on August 13 will run up to Rayagada and will return to Jagadalpur as Samaleswari Express from Rayagada to Jagadalpur.
- Howrah-Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express will remain cancelled between Sambalpur and Rayagada from both the directions today