Daspalla: Two men died of electrocution in Balisahi village of Narajipara area of Tumandi panchayat, this morning.
The deceased have been identified as 45-year-old Bhakta Jani and his niece’s husband 41-year-old Nakul Jani.
According to reports, Bhakta was making a wooden footstool and required electricity for a wire to start the push planer machine. Due to power cut, he was waiting for electricity to be restored, when Nakul joined him on veranda of the house. Nakul had returned home after grazing goats.
After a while, family members found both dead with Bhakta holding the electric wire. They were rushed to the Daspalla hospital where the doctor declared them brought dead.