Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Commissioner (BMC) has sealed offices of the Sub-collector and Tehsildar of Bhubaneswar for two days after several employees tested positive for COVID-19.
“In larger public interest and to contain further spread of the virus, both the Government offices have been sealed for two days i.e. September 17 and 18,” read an order issued by the civic body.
The BMC issued the order with the following condition:
- Premises of both the Government offices shall be sanitised immediately by the respective Heads in strict adherence to guidelines issued by the state Government and the Centre.
- Except the authorised personnel of BMC, no one shall be allowed to move into or from outside the premises of the two offices during the sealing period.
- The infectees are directed to remain in isolation in their respective houses. Further, if any positive case needs medical attention, Heads of the offices are directed to intimate the same to BMC immediately
- The Heads of the offices are also directed to contact BMC if COVID symptoms in other staff for their immediate testing and isolation, if found positive
- An RT-PCR test camp shall be conducted for all staff of the two offices on September 20, where all officers, staff, housekeeping and security personnel shall be tested invariably