Rourkela: In a tragic incident, two labourers died following gas leakage inside a sponge iron factory in IDC area under Brahmani Tarang police limits in Odisha’s Rourkela city, last night.
The deceased have been identified as Ajay Samad and Francis Kerketa. According to reports, the duo fell unconscious due to leakage of gas while cleaning furnace. They were rushed to the Rourkela Government Hospital (RGH), where doctor declared them dead.
Tension gripped the factory premises as workers and locals gathered in front of the factory this morning. Policemen have been deployed at the spot to avoid any untoward incident. A case has been registered in connection with the deaths and further investigation is underway.