Unlock-2.0: Here’re what are allowed, what’re not in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A day after the Ministry of Home Affairs issued guidelines for Unlock-2, the Odisha government today categorized the State into two zones. While some activities have been allowed outside the containment zones, the restrictions in the containment zones remain the same as decided by the MHA.
However, the State government ordered for the closure of the following establishments and activities till July 31, 2020.
(i) Religious places/ places of worship for public.
(ii) International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
(iii) Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment complexes, theatres, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
(iv) Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/religious functions and other large congregations.
v) Schools, colleges, other educational/ training/ coaching institutions, etc. will remain closed for the purpose of teaching till August 31, 2020. However, conduct of examinations and evaluation, etc. shall be permitted.
Hotels and restaurants are allowed to operate as per SOPs issued by MOHFW, Government of India. Restaurant service in hotels will be open for in-house guests.
Restaurants and Hotels are permitted for home delivery/takeaways of food. Dhabas along National and State Highways/ Major roads for takeaway only.
Local Authorities may decide about opening of Shopping Malls with appropriate restrictions.
In Ganjam, Gajapati, Khurda, Cuttack, Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Balasore, Mayurbhanj., Keonjhar and Jharsuguda districts, local authorities can impose restrictions on intra-district public and private transport and closure of shops and establishments, government and private institutions and movement/assembly of people, as deemed appropriate.
The weekend shutdown on Saturdays and Sundays will continue for the above districts in the month of July. During this shutdown, only the following activities shall be allowed:
• All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, including medicine stores. Movement of ambulance and medical personnel.
• District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Fire Services
• Central & State Government officials on emergency duty
• Telecom services
• Petrol pumps
• Print and Electronic Media identified by Commissionerate/ District Police
• Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
• Electricity supply and distribution
• Movement of goods and good carriers, whether loaded or unloaded
• Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
• Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary
Services and allied activities, including procurement at Mandis
• Service sector industries, including IT/ ITes, Hotel & Hospitality units. Operation of hotels and hospitality units, including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel
• Movement of rail and air transport
• Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
• Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway station and bus terminals/ stands/ stops, for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
• Marriages and Funerals, with permission of local authority
• ATMs and critical financial institutions like RBI, Clearing Houses
• Operations of Airports, Railway Stations, Bus Terminals and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities
• Home Delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy etc.
• Dhabas along National and State Highways/ Major roads for takeaway Only
• Food & Grocery stores such as Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Chilika Fresh and others for home delivery only
• Newspaper hawkers between 5 am and 8 am only
Zone 2: Remaining 20 districts – Puri, Kendrapara, Bhadrak, Sundargarh, Balangir, Kandhamal, Nayagarh, Bargarh, Malkangiri, Nuapada, Dhenkanal, Kalahandi, Angul, Deogarh, Sambalpur, Koraput, Boudh, Nabarangapur, Rayagada, Subarnapur districts.
Except the night curfew all activities are allowed in the Zone-2 districts.