Jharsuguda: State Vigilance sleuths on Saturday arrested Harekrushna Nayak, Assistant Sub-Inspector, OMVD, Jharsuguda, for disproportionate assets worth Rs 2,24,19,798.
Nayak was then forwarded to the Court of Spl. Judge Vigilance, Cuttack. A case was registered against Nayak and his spouse under U/s 13(2) r/w 13(1)(b)/12 PC Act, 1988 as amended by the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Act, 2018.
Following allegations against Nayak for amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, simultaneous house searches were conducted at six places on Friday by six teams of Odisha Vigilance led by three DSsP, 10 Inspectors, and other staff on the strength of search warrants issued by the Hon’ble Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Cuttack.
During house searches, the following movable and immovable assets were unearthed in the name of Harekrushna Nayak, ASI and his spouse:
1) One double storeyed building at Friends colony, Mangalabag, Cuttack worth Rs.61.4 Lakh.
2) One double storeyed building at Maluda, PS-Krushnaprasad, Puri worth Rs.70 Lakh.
3) One double storeyed building at Ram Nagar, Kamapalli chhak, Berhampur worth Rs.37.99 Lakh.
4) Five numbers of plots including two plots in Cuttack, one plot in Berhampur and two plots in Krushnaprasad, Puri.
5) Fixed deposits, bank and insurance deposits worth over Rs.18.12 lakh.
6) Cash worth Rs.4.46 Lakh.
7) Gold, silver and household articles worth over Rs.9.5 lakh.
8) Four two-wheelers.
After a thorough search, inventory, and further inquiry, the income, expenditure, and assets of Sri Harekrushna Nayak, ASI were calculated and he was found in possession of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income to the tune of Rs.2,24,19,798/-(Rupees Two Crore Twenty-four Lakh Nineteen Thousand Seven Hundred Ninety-eight) which constituted 440% of his known sources of income.
Further investigation into the case is in progress.