Bhubaneswar: Long, healthy and voluminous hair adds some extra confidence to the personalities of girls. But due to increasing pollution, stress and lack of proper nutrition, they suffer from severe hair loss and gradually start losing their confidence.
This winter, instead of some expensive chemical treatments, you could try these easy hair-masks at home without the fear of having side-effects:
- Egg mask: Add one cup of milk, two tablespoons of lemon juice and two tablespoons of olive oil to one egg and blend them properly. Apply on scalp and hair strands and wash after 30 minutes. It adds shine, reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth.
- Banana mask: Make a smooth paste of two ripe bananas. Add olive oil, coconut oil, and honey, one tablespoon each. Mix them well and apply. Leave it for 15-30 minutes and then wash your hair. It makes your hair soft, shiny and moisturized.
- Yogurt hair mask: Apply a mixture of one cup yogurt, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and honey on the scalp and hair. Wash after 15-30 minutes. It increases hair strength, reduces breakage and nourishes hair.
- Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil Mask: Heat 10-12 fresh curry leaves in two tablespoons of coconut oil. Let it cool down to a warm temperature. Apply to scalp and hair. Leave it for 20-30 minutes after a gentle massage and then rinse with a mild shampoo. It reduces hair fall and moisturizes hair.
- Green Tea Mask: Mix two tablespoons of green tea to one egg until a creamy texture is formed. Apply the mixture to hair and scalp with an applying brush and let dry for 20-30 minutes and then, shampoo. Antioxidants in green tea fight off free radicals, reduce hair loss and nourishes the scalp.
- Vitamin E capsule mask: Blend two vitamin E capsules, one tablespoon each of almond oil, coconut oil, and castor oil. A drop of lavender oil is optional. Massage the blend on the roots of the hair and gently apply on hair strands. Leave it overnight and wash the next morning. It strengthens hair roots and keeps the scalp healthy, thus reducing hair fall.
- Aloe vera and cinnamon mask: To two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, add half teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply all over hair and scalp. Wash after 15-20 minutes.