Odisha: Woman too electrocuted while trying to save son

Berhampur: In an unfortunate incident, a youth and his mother were electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live wire at their house in Bakutu village under Khallikote block of Ganjam district today. Following the incident, a pall of gloom has descended on the village.

According to reports, while the deceased youth identified as Narayana Nahaka was coming out of his house, he found a wire dangling in front of the door. Without switching off the main switch, he tried to repair the wire and got electrocuted. In the meantime, hearing the scream of her son, the woman, identified as Sajani Nahaka who was present in the house came to her son’s rescue and fell victim to the electric shock.

The mother-son duo was rushed to the Khallikote hospital where doctors were declared them as dead.

Hospital sources said the postmortem will be carried out tomorrow. On the other hand, after receiving information, police have initiated a probe into the incident.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link