Youth dead, aunt critical after coming in contact with live wire in Odisha’s Gajapati

Mohana: A youth was killed on the spot today and his maternal aunt sustained severe burn injuries as he came in contact with a live wire. Later, the woman touched him in a bid to rescue him at Katampada village under R Udayagiri block and this police limits in Gajapati district.

The deceased youth was identified as Trilochan Beherdalai, who belonged to the village.

A source said that the mishap occurred when the youth was taking a bath in a nullah in the afternoon. His maternal aunt searched for him as the youth did not return home for quite a long time. The woman identified as Jamuna Karji could not know that her nephew was electrocuted. She got the electrical shock as she attempted to rescue the youth and she became critical in the incident. “Babu (Trilochan) came in contact with a live wire that passed over the nullah at a low height,” Jamuna said.

Some locals rescued Jamuna and admitted her to a hospital in Chandragiri for treatment.

On being informed, R Udayagiri police reached the spot and initiated a probe.

Also Read

Comments are closed.