Youth electrocuted while fishing with live wire in Odisha’s Mayurbhanj
Sources aid Santosh along with some other fellow villagers had laid out a live wire in a canal to catch fish
Kaptipada: In a shocking incident, a youth was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live wire he had laid out for fishing in Kaptipada block of Mayurbhanj district in Odisha here today. The deceased was identified as Santosh Kumar Behera of Nundursahi village under Kaptipada police limits in the district.
Sources aid Santosh along with some other fellow villagers had laid out a live wire in a canal to catch fish. They hoped that the live wire would fetch them a good catch. However, after laying the trap, Santosh slipped and fell into the canal. As he got trapped in the live wire, he was electrocuted. Hearing his screams, villagers rescued him and rushed him to the sub divisional hospital where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival.
Police on getting information reached the spot and seized the body for postmortem. A case of un-natural death has been registered. Following the incident, a pall of gloom descended on the village.