Youth, grandmother die of electrocution in Odisha’s Ganjam

Bhanjanagar: In a tragic incident, a youth and grandmother was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with live wire in Kokalunda village under Belaguntha police outpost in Ganjam district today afternoon.

The deceased were identified as Rajesh Jena (20) and grandmother Sishula Jena (72).

After taking bath, while keeping wet clothes on an iron rod in his house, Rajesh was electrocuted. Hearing scream for help, his grandmother tried to rescue him and suffered from electrocution.

Family members and locals immediately disconnected the power supply and rushed the youth and his grandmother to Belguntha hospital. But the doctor declared Rajesh and Sishula brought dead.

After receiving information, police sent the bodies for post mortem and launched an investigation.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link