Bhubaneswar: Following the zero-tolerance towards corruption, Naveen Patnaik government in Odisha has cracked whip on 17 government officials of which 15 have been dismissed from service.
The action follows after their conviction in designated courts on charges of corruption.
The dismissed officials are:
- Former Boudh MVI Debi Prasad Padhi
- Former secretary of Dunguripali cooperative society in Subarnapur, Debadutta Dash
- Octroi Tax Sarkar of Umerkote Municipality, Kaliprasad Singh
- Former junior clerk of Dhamnagar tehsil in Bhadrak district, Batakrushna Barik
- Former VLW of M.Rampur in Kalahandi, Krushna Mohan Das
- Former secretary-cum- panchayat executive officer (PEO) of Kesinga block, Ashok Kumar Saha
- Former PEO of Junagarh block, Padmamukh Sabar
- Former secretary of Mursundi gram panchayat Kishore Chandra Pradhan
- Former assistant engineer of Banapur Salia irrigation project, Bijay Kumar Sahu
- Former JE of Bhawanipatna Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA), Karunakar Panda
- Former JE of Water Resources department, Kuliana block, Mangal Singh Munda
- Former assistant engineer of Kuliana block Baidyanath Majhi
- Former JE of Sarakana block, Pratap Chandra Rout
- Former JE of Thuamul-Rampur ITDA, Nigamananda Panda
- Senior clerk of BMC health officer’s office, Chittaranjan Lal.
In addition to this, pension remittance to the retired assistant engineer of Kalahandi ITDA, Aswini Kumar Sharma and retired APD of Kalahandi DRDA, Sashank Sekhar Patnaik have also been stopped over conviction on corruption charges.