4 more succumb to COVID-19 in Odisha; 2 die of other health complications
Bhubaneswar: Six more COVID-19 patients died in Odisha in last 24 hours, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department today.
Out of six, four patients succumbed to the deadly virus and the remaining two died due to other health complications.
“Regret to inform of the demise of four Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the H&FW Dashboard said.
Here’re details of 4 patients died due to COVID-19.
- 66 year old Male of Angul district who was also suffering from Neuroendocrine Tumor.
- 57 year old Male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- 56 year old Male of Gajapati district who was also suffering from Diabetes and heart disease.
- 60 year old Male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
With four fresh fatalities yesterday, the death toll increased to 83 in Odisha.
Meanwhile, the toll other than COVID-19 rose to 26 after two COVID patients died due to other ailments.
“Regret to inform that two Covid positive patients passed away due to other causes,” the H&FW Dashboard said.
Here’re details of two deaths other than COVID-19:
- 62 year old female of Jajpur district who passed away due to Cancer of cervix, stomach, lungs and brain.
- 55 year old Male of Bhadrak district who passed away due to seizure disorder.
Today, Odisha reported 718 fresh COVID-19 cases from 24 districts, of which 479 are quarantine cases and 239 are local contacts. With detection of new cases, the tally rose to 16,110 in the State.