Bhubaneswar: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecasted the impacts of the cyclonic storm Jawad, which is likely to reach north Andhra Pradesh-Odisha coasts by the morning of December 4.
- Localized flooding of roads, inundation and water-logging in low-lying areas and closure of underpasses mainly in urban areas of the affected region.
- Occasional reduction in visibility due to heavy rainfall.
- Disruption of traffic in major cities due to water-logging of roads leading to increased travel time.
- Minor damage to kutcha roads.
- Damage to vulnerable structures.
- Localized landslides/Mudslides.
- Damage to horticulture and standing crops in some areas due to inundation.
- Riverine flooding in some river catchments
- Check for traffic congestion on your route before leaving for your destination.
- Follow any traffic advisories that are issued in this regard.
- Avoid going to areas that face water-logging problems often.
- Avoid staying in vulnerable structures.
- Harvest the ripen crops like paddy and horticultural crops and also secure the harvested crops securely from the damage due to rain and strong winds.