Death of Journalist Navin Das’ son Manish Anurag: Police file 400-page chargesheet

Bhubaneswar: Four months after the alleged murder of Manish Anurag, son of senior journalist Navin Das, the Infocity police here filed 400-page chargesheet in connection with the case today.

The chargesheet was filed before the Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM) court.

As per the chargesheet, Manish’s friends Dinesh Mohapatra alias Litu, Mrutyunjaya alias Muna and Amrit Biswal had killed him on October 10 last year. The trio has been charged under Sections 37 (a) (Kidnapping or abduction for ransom), 302 (Punishment for murder), 201 (Causing disappearance of evidence of offence), and 34 (Acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of IPC.

The chargesheet also includes post-mortem, diatom and viscera reports of The deceased. Besides, 17 persons have been made witnesses by the police.

Also Read: Death of journalist Navin Das’ son Manish Anurag: Two friends surrender before police

On October 16, the Commissionerate Police had arrested the three accused for allegedly killing the 30-year-old and later destroying evidences.

On October 10, the body of Manish was recovered from a pond in Patrapada under Tamando police limits. Two days after, police first detained his friend Amrit in this connection. On October 13, Dinesh and Mrutyunjaya surrendered before Phulbani police in Kandhamal district and were later brought to Bhubaneswar. Later all of them were arrested.

Worth mentioning, Manish, who was supposed to get married in November last year, had gone for shopping for his wedding on October 9. Late in the night, he called his mother and told that he was kidnapped and the abductors were demanding money to release him. His family soon informed the Infocity police about the incident, following which the cops traced his mobile phone number. In the meantime, Manish’s mother had already sent a particular amount of money in two phases.

Manish had last talked to his parents over phone at around 4 am on October 10, during which he was heard weeping. Moreover, a friend of Manish also talked to his parents and told them that their son would reach home soon. Later, his mobile phone was found to be switched off and his car parked near the dhaba in the morning of October 10. In the afternoon, his body was recovered from the pond in Patrapada.

Also Read

Comments are closed.