Bhubaneswar: A Livestock Inspector landed in Vigilance net after he was found possessing assets including 90 plots in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
Vigilance sleuths today raided houses and office of Jagannath Rout, the Livestock Inspector of Kalarahanga, in multiples places on the allegation of acquisition of disproportionate assets by the official.
Simultaneous searches were conducted by Odisha Vigilance led by 5 DSPs, 10 Inspectors and other staff based on search warrants issued by the Special Judge Vigilance, Cuttack, at 9 places in Khordha and Cuttack districts. The searches are currently underway.
So far, the officials of anti-corruption wing unearthed 90 plots in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, 4 buildings and 3 flats in Bhubaneswar and one outhouse in Cuttack.
Details of assets unearthed so far:
1. Residential 3 BHK Flat located at Royal Lagoon Apartment, Raghunathpur, Bhubaneswar worth about Rs 50,00,000.
2. A 6,000 sqft-triple storied building named as Govinda Bhawan at Raghunathpur village, Bhubaneswar.
3. Triple storied market complex of 6,000 sqft. located at Raghunathpur village at backside of Govinda Bhawan, Bhubaneswar.
4. Double storied building of 2,000 sqft. located at Raghunathpur village, Bhubaneswar.
5. Single storied building of 1,500 sqft. at Raghunathpur village, Bhubaneswar.
6. One 3 BHK Flat No 301 in Green Garden Apartment, Raghunathpur, Bhubaneswar.
7. One 3 BHK Flat No. 401 at 4th floor, Royal Arcade, Bhubaneswar.
8. Outhouse located at Plot No-921, Charigharia, Banki, Cuttack.
9. 90 plots at different places in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
10. 500 gm gold and deposits of Rs 17 lakhs approximately in different banks.
Till last report came in, the Vigilance sleuths were verifying details of insurance and investments in other schemes. The Vigilance Technical wing is carrying out detailed measurement, assessment and valuation of the buildings and plots.
Last month, one Gram Rojgar Sevak (GRS) of Kalarahanga had fallen under Vigilance scanner after the officials unearthed assets worth crores of rupees including 59 plots (58 in Bhubaneswar and 1 in Cuttack) possessed by him whose monthly salary was only Rs 8,500.