Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government has issued marriage-related COVID-19 guidelines for the month of January 2022 in view of sharp rise in the cases.
Below are details of the guidelines, which will be effective at least till 5 am of February 1, 2022.
Marriages with approval from local authorities shall be allowed with a ceiling of 100 persons (for the entire event) including hosts, guests, priests, catering and other support staff with adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols subject to the following conditions:
* Under no circumstances, the number of participants shall exceed the ceiling for the entire event.
* In closed spaces, subject to the above ceilings such number of persons shall be allowed as would be feasible to follow Covid protocols. In closed places, the number of persons including the invitees shall be allowed up to 50% of the hall capacity with a ceiling of 100 persons.
* In open spaces, keeping the size of the ground/ open space in view, appropriate number of persons will be allowed, subject to the above ceilings, so as to ensure maintenance of prescribed physical distancing norm.
* Marriage processions shall be allowed with due prior written approval from competent authorities subject to the ceiling 30 participants including bridegroom, priest, friends, relatives, guests, members of band party, light & sound systems etc. The number of persons in marriage procession shall count towards the above said ceiling of 100 persons.
* Marriage shall means for this purpose of this order the marriage function and one reception only. All other events/ activities related to such functions shall be organized in houses with family members only. No outside guest shall be allowed to participate in such associated functions.