Bhubaneswar: A day after Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik made a historic decision by abolishing the contractual jobs in Odisha Government, a notification was released today on repeal of Contractual Appointment Rules and regularisation of contractual employees.
According to the official notification issued by the General Administration & Public Grievance Department of Odisha Government, Odisha Group B, C and D posts (Repeal and Special Provisions) Rules, 2022 will come into force on the date of their publication in the Odisha Gazette.
As per the notification, the services of Group B, C and D employees appointed on contractual basis under Contractual Appointment Rules, 2013, will be regularised as the contractual posts are repealed.
The employees (initial appointees) appointed under the Contractual Appointment Rules, 2013 will receive benefits like regular employees of the state government.
Here’re special provisions to regulate the services of the employees appointed on contractual basis:
1. The ‘initial appointees’ appointed under Odisha Group B posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 and Odisha Group C and D posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 now in position shall be deemed to have been appointed against the post on regular basis as on the date of commencement of these rules.
2. On such regular appointment under sub-rule (1), the pay of such employees shall be fixed by way of granting notional increment considering the date of their contractual appointment.
3. The employees who have been regularly appointed in the service after completion of 6 years of service under the respective contractual rules shall be allowed for fixation of their pay as on the date of commencement of these rules by way of granting notional increments considering the date of their contractual appointment.
4. The employees whose services have been so regularised shall be allowed service benefits like promotion etc. In the cadre on notional basis to which they would have been entitled as per rules, had they been recruited on regular basis.
5. On commencement of these rules, the employees shall assigned seniority in the cadre to which they would have been entitled as per rules, had they been recruited on regular basis.
Following a cabinet meeting on Saturday, CM Naveen Patnaik had announced to repeal the contractual system of recruitment in the state. With abolishment of the contractual appointment rules, more than 57,000 employees will be benefitted in Odisha. The state government will spend around Rs 1,300 crore per annum to implement the Cabinet decision.