Odisha Pollution Control Board Chief Engineer arrested by Vigilance in DA case
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance today arrested Rabi Narayana Prusty, Chief Engineer, Environmental, Odisha State Pollution Control Board for allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Officers of the anti-corruption agency had yesterday raided seven places belonging to Prusty in Bhubaneswar and Ganjam.
During the searches, the following assets were unearthed by the Vigilance.
1) One flat at Patia, Bhubaneswar.
2) One flat at Shreekhestra Bhakta Niwas, Puri. The present market value of the flat is more than Rs 1 Crore.
3) One flat at Grand Awas, Phulnakhara, the market value of which is more than Rs 60 Lakh.
4) One Shop at Barabhuja Market Complex, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar.
5) Three plots in prime localities of Bhubaneswar and nearby areas, the market value of which is likely to be in Crores. Large scale undervaluation of these plots during registration is suspected. A thorough probe has been initiated in this regard.
6) Bank, Insurance and Bond deposits worth Rs 89.46 Lakh.
7) Gold ornaments weighing 355 gms and silver ornaments weighing 692 gms.
8) One four-wheeler and 3 two-wheelers.
Further, it is suspected that investments have been made by Prusty outside the state in real estate, including benami properties, which are under verification. Moreover, bank statements collected during searches are under scrutiny by the Chartered Accountant and Bank Consultant of Odisha Vigilance to look into suspected transactions made for acquisition of benami assets, if any. Valuations of unearthed assets worth crores are being carried out.
After the arrest, he was forwarded to the Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar.
Unearthing of more assets, including benami assets, is likely, Vigilance sources said.
Further probe was underway.