Puri: Devotees will not be allowed inside Puri Srimandir to have darshan of the deities for next two days.
The centuries-old temple will remain closed for devotees on Sunday (tomorrow) as usual for sanitization drive and the next day for Bada Ekadasi. General darshan at the shrine will also be restricted on Kartika Purnima, which falls on November 19.
However, rituals at the temple will be performed by the servitors.
Last month, the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) had issued a Standard Operating Procedure (SoP ) for devotees visiting the temple.
Revised guidelines for devotees visiting Srimandir w.e.f October 15:
1. Queue system will open from 07:00 AM. Devotees will make entry through the barricades opposite to the Shoe stand, situated on North-East side of the temple complex.
2. All devotees visiting the Temple will have to produce the Final Certificate for Covid-19 vaccination (of having taken two Doses) or CcOvID-19 negative certificate (RTPCR) of testing done within 96 hours prior to their visit to the Temple.
3. All devotees will be required to bring their photo ID Card, namely, Aadhaar/Voter ID etc.
4. Devotees will leave their belong ings at the designated place outside thee Temple: produce their 1D proof for verification and follow the COvID19 guidelines of hand sanitization & thermal scanning before entering the Temple.
5. All devotees will enter through Singhadwar. After the Darshan, the exit will be through Uttaradwar.
Earlier, the SJTA Chief had urged Habisyalis not to visit the temple during the Holy month of Kartika as part of precautionary measures to prevent congregation and further spread of COVID infection.