Kalimela: A 14-year old tribal girl who had consumed poison at Marigeta village under Kalimela block in Malkangiri district today died while undergoing treatment at a hospital.
Source said, the tribal girl was studying in a Ashram (residential) school in the locality. She consumed poison last night following which she was admitted to Kalimela Community Health Centre (CHC). However, this morning her condition further deteriorated and she breathed her last at the CHC.
“What forced the minor girl to take this extreme step remains a mystery. But we have lodged a complaint in this connection and begun investigation,” informed police.