Bhubaneswar: Vehicle owners can now avail services like renewal of Registration Certificate (RC), transfer of ownership and change of address in any RTO across the state without paying any additional fee.
However, applicants will have to pay a nominal fee for renewal of Driving Licence (DL) in any RTO.
“To avail the services, people have to link their mobile number and verify vehicle details in any RTO of the state, irrespective of registration in any RTO,” informed the State Transport Authority (STA) Odisha.
“If mobile number of the vehicle owner is not registered or incorrect in the VAHAN database, the owner can update the same on the official website. The detail procedure to update mobile number is available the website,” reads a notification issued by STA Odisha.
Detail process for Renewal of Driving Licence (DL)
- If the applicant applying for renewal of Driving License either one year prior to or within one year after the date of its expiry, he/she is not required to appear for driving test.
- After one year of expiry of the Driving License (DL), the applicant has to appear for the driving test.
- Additional fee of rupees fifty for a period of delay of one year or part thereof will be charged separately for each category.
- The revised additional fee payable by DL holder for delay in applying for renewal of Driving License will be entered against the concerned DL and if Govt. of India succeeds in the Civil Appeal as mentioned above, the additional fee will be collected from DL holder as per revised rate.
Detail process for Renewal of Registration Certificate (for non-transport vehicle only)
- The registered owner need not require to pay any additional fee for renewal of registration, after expiry of validity of registration certificate.
- The revised additional fee payable for delay in applying for renewal of Registration Certificate will be entered against the concerned registration records and if Govt. of India succeeds in the Civil Appeal as mentioned above, the differential amount will be collected from the regd. owner as per revised rate.
- Owner of a motor vehicle can file application online for renewal of registration of his motor vehicle before any Registering Authority of Odisha and produce his vehicle for inspection irrespective of his place of residence and business in Odisha if all data of the vehicle are correctly available in VAHAN Portal.
- In case any vehicle owner intends to renew his Registration Certificate (RC) before the RTO other than the original Registering Authority, at the time of making application for Renewal of Registration (RR) online, the applicant will have to apply either for Transfer of Ownership (TO) or Change of Address (CA).
- In case one time tax has not been paid in respect of non-transport vehicle for which renewal of registration certificate applied for, his application will be considered after payment of arrear tax and penalty, if any.
- The vehicle owner can apply online in VAHAN portal by following the procedure for online Renewal of Registration Certificate (RC) in STA website.
Detail process for Transfer of Ownership (TO) / Change of Address (CA)
- The vehicle owners can file application online for Transfer of Ownership (TO) or Change of Address (CA) before any Registering Authority in Odisha irrespective of his place of residence and place of business anywhere in Odisha.