Fire mishap: Three sisters burnt alive in Odisha’s Malkangiri

Malkangiri: In a tragic incident, three sisters were charred alive after fire broke out inside their house at Mauligudi Sahi in Odisha’s Malkangiri district today.

The deceased siblings have been identified as Aamlu Rao (20), Renuka (18) and Manga (16).

According to reports, the fire mishap took place while the three girls were inside the house and their three brothers had gone outside for rituals of their deceased father Nageswar Rao, who passed away 10 days ago.

Locals spotted the blaze and informed police about it, following which fire personnel reached the spot managed to douse the flames.

However, the three sisters could not be saved and were burnt to death. Police have started investigation into the incident. Though the reason behind the outbreak of fire is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that LPG cylinder explosion might have led to the mishap.

For 36 years, Sambad Group has been redefining Odia journalism and bringing you the news from all corners of the state and beyond. During this pandemic, support Sambad and Kanak News by making a contribution today for our various digital platforms. Help regional journalism survive during these challenging times.

Also Read

Comments are closed.