Brother-sister duo dies, mother critical over food poisoning in Odisha’s Ganjam

Berhampur: A brother-sister duo died while the mother became critically ill due to suspected food poisoning at Gadaguma village under Rambha police limits in Odisha’s Ganjam district.

According to reports, Ramakrushna Maharana’s wife, his 2-year-old son Rudra and 4-year-old daughter Simran consumed milk yesterday, following which they complained of sickness. They were taken to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here for treatment and discharged in the evening after improvement in their condition.

However, their condition deteriorated this morning as the three started vomiting. They were rushed to the Chhatrapur Hospital, where doctor declared the two children dead.

The woman was shifted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital for better treatment. Her condition was stated to be critical.

Police have started an investigation into the incident by questioning the villagers. Efforts were on to ascertain the circumstances under which their condition worsened.

Also Read

Comments are closed.