Fire Mishap: 13-year-old boy charred to death in Odisha’s Cuttack

Cuttack: In a tragic incident, a 13-year-old boy was burnt to death in a fire mishap while he was sleeping in his house at Dharmadaspur village under Mahanga block of Odisha’s Cuttack district last night.

The deceased has been identified as Prakash Mishra, son of Pranab Mishra of the village.

According to reports, sparks erupted in the house around 12 am and engulfed two rooms. After noticing the blaze, Pranab and his wife managed to escape out of the house. However, Prakash couldn’t come out and was burnt alive.

On being informed by villagers, fire personnel rushed to the spot and douse the flames. The body was later recovered and sent for post-mortem. The two rooms and many articles were reduced to ashes in the fire.

Though the actual reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that electrical short circuit might have led to the outbreak of fire.

For 36 years, Sambad Group has been redefining Odia journalism and bringing you the news from all corners of the state and beyond. During this pandemic, support Sambad and Kanak News by making a contribution today for our various digital platforms. Help regional journalism survive during these challenging times.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link